Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Show your support!

Two boys arrested for spanking and groping of girls.

The district attorney has come under fire for prosecuting these boys for their 'boys wil be boys' behaviour.

Berry said he, too, was inundated with calls and e-mails from readers who complained that charging the boys with 10 counts of sex abuse and harassment was an overreaction, as their parents maintain. Lawyers for the boys say each count could bring a year in confinement and mandatory registration as sex offenders.

Call or email him your support, he is doing a great thing that many DAs never persue. Let him know that standing up for girls right to be human is the way to go! It'll take 30 seconds of your time, and the receptionist and the secretary I talked to were very very happy to get calls that were supportive, because so many are not.

Brad Berry, (503) 434-7539, berryb@co.yamhill.or.us

1 comments:

Mr. Lucchese said...

For the first time, I'm feeling brave enough to comment on a sex crime post. Don't be too hard on me.

First, I have a really big problem with juveniles being charged with adult crimes. Our government does not recognize their ability to make adult decisions, which is why they can't vote or sign contracts. So should they be excluded from the full repercussions of their illegal actions.

That being said, I agree that this behavior is not OK. I'm not sure I think it warrants 10 counts of abuse, and from what I read, neither does the DA. It looks to me like a very publicized slap on the wrist, which seems appropriate to me. These boys will likely think twice before dehumanizing another woman and their big brothers and fathers have caught a glimpse of this DA's resolve on sex crimes.

Sitemeter