Thursday, July 05, 2007

It's officially summer

How do I know? Well it was warm enough to sit by the lake and even *GASP* go swimming. I read the entire book "The Swallows of Kabul" sitting on the dock in the sun. READ this book. It is beautifully written, I couldn't put it down, and it is a haunting story, but one that should be read. I plan on reading his second and third books in the trilogy, "The Attack" and "The Sirens of Baghdad", respectively. Tommorrow is Friday so as soon as I finish my quiz I am off to the lake to read more.

I'm also nicely tan (I am 2nd gen Sicilian, we get dark fast) and not wearing pants (well, I'm wearing short pants, or capris, or whatever they're called. I don't like shorts b/c they're such an American thing (N+S))

I also got to avoid everything I wanted to for the most part yesterday by meeting my friends at another lake where we hiked a few miles in to avoid people. (It was good timing too, because people started showing up at my usually quiet dock right when I was going to meet them). And we built a rock bench in the water. I feel my muscles growing all ready. I wish I had a picture....it looks AWESOME. (Next time we go I promise to get a picture

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am not computer savy so i hope this works, i need help. i am preg and dont want it but my husb is overjoyed. i want it gone. i cant help it, i dont want to be preg anymore... sickness, vomiting, nausia, depresion, just not plesent. and i dont want to be a mom. what do i do. i read your post about the "naturally induceing" but i read it to late and i think i am more then 3 weeks from my missed period. i am more like 10 weeks, i think. i dont know what to do and i feel so alone. i am in a family of pro-lifers and really dont know what to do. the thought of having this baby is so discusting to me, but i get ride of it and my husband finds out, he will not love me anymore and he is the love of my life. i dont know who else to turn to... i cry everyday all day long please please please help the thought being a mom is just to horrific...what do i do?

Sitemeter