Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hardship withdrawal

I've decided to take one for this quarter. It's too much and I'm still so raw from last quarter. It will all be better after I have a break, though I wonder how this effects my work study job in the photo department and my non work study job as a lab TA. It probably doesn't effect the second one so much.

This is a big decision, but one I've been thinking about for awhile now. I can't take it, it's too much.

Edit:
I feel so much better just knowing I'm going to take the withdrawal. I'll keep my art class and maybe my physics class because it's only offered in the winter. Who knows. If I keep my art class I can keep my work study and my gym membership (for when I actually feel like moving). These are good things. I'm glad I don't have to give up art as it makes me feel wonderful. Good for me, is what I say. I need to take care of myself. This is how that looks this quarter. Who knows if I'll do better next quarter, but considering I've been thinking about dropping out a one quarter withdrawal is good. (With succesive winter quarters spent in sunny Texas for a sanity break.)

Edit #2:
Here's to finally having the energy to do my dishes and clean my house!

5 comments:

spotted elephant said...

I think that's a great decision-you have to prioritize *you*. Taking a break lets you focus on what you need.

Keeping the art class also sounds great-I'm happy art does such good things for you. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've found a way to give yourself the time you need without leaving school completely. I know all too well how rocky med changes are, and how hard it is to function during them. It's wonderful you'll be able to stay in your art class - you need things that make you feel good.

lost clown said...

Thank you. It's still strange even though I know it's the best solution for me right now.

L said...

Sounds like you've made the right decision, and I'm glad you're feeling better. Those kittiefaces will take good care of you I'm sure :) (I'm at manfriend's for a week so prob won't be on msn - but I'm thinking of you) xxx

Jane Hathaway said...

dear lc, good for you for recognizing that you need time off. we all do, now and then, you'll no doubt feel more capable after a couple months of caring for yourself. i'm glad you won't be taking a break from your blog! --sw

Sitemeter