Friday, December 15, 2006

Thank god that's over

It's been a hard quarter. A very hard quarter. I missed about 3.5-4 weeks out of the 9 weeks of the quarter due to med induced mixed manic states, insomnia, migraines, inability to concentrate due to my body readjusting from the meds that drove me to a frenzy a couple weeks into the quarter. Add to that muscle spasms due to stress and your garden varietyanxiety attacks and depression. I may have failed my math class; hell, I don't even remember taking the first test (during med debacle). (I KNOW! It was that bad.) Due to the fact that I could not concentrate on anything until a week ago, and then not for a very long amount of time. Risperdal is helping, I can concentrate longer, but how much studying can you do in the 2 days before the final. If I can get in to repeat this class it will put me up to 3 math classes. this one (multivariable calculus), number theory/proofs, and advanced linear algebra. Plus Modern physics. And I'm gonna be a lab TA for the lower level physics labs. I got a C in one of my physics classes, so you know my quarter was bad (other then my math class which my test scores scared my best friend. She wasn't worried about me until she heard those).

I'm so relieved that it's over, but I'm on pins and needles until my score comes back since I missed the last test my final counts twice and I left a page empty because my brain just quit (lack of concentration thing). It was stuff I could do, but I just took too long and didn't care anymore. The stuff from the last test I knew, making me believe that I would have done well on that test, but there's nothing I could have done now.

It's times like these that remind me why I'm on disability.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

...barrett, waves & optics - you were in that class, weren't you? so was i... well, i'm sorry to hear about the rough times - bright days are ahead...

fare thee well,

*a harmless, curious observer*

lost clown said...

I hope they are. Now I'm curious as to who you are. That class I didn't do too bad. I'll take a B

Kim said...

Whoo boy -- I loved school, but reading this post makes me happy I'm not IN it right now! That December stress was always a killer!
Hang in there!

L said...

((((((((LC))))))))

spotted elephant said...

Sorry you had such an awful quarter. Try to enjoy the break and take care of yourself.

sparklematrix said...

Hoping things have gone Ok for you. Enjoy the hols.

Sitemeter