Monday, January 23, 2006

Sicky....

Ugh. Just got over a horrifying trigger incident, now my body has decided to revolt. My tep's hovering at around 36.2C (97.2F) which is a little low yet I am sweating. Ugh. I hate being sick. So if I'm making little sense, I blame it on the temperature.

But to be true to my blog, I will go on. Have you heard of the Genocide Awareness Project? I hadn't until my friend started telling me about it on messenger, and how he and his friends protested it.

They have ads like this:


And my friend had signs like this: "'Menstruation is murder. STOP KILLING OVA!' and one with a gruesome surgery photo: 'THIS is the grim reality of open heart surgery. BAN IT'" I mean, are they seriously comparing the holocaust and lynching to abortion? Apparently, the answer is yes. UGH. Seriously, ugh. They travel around the country showing those horrible things on college campuses. Makes me miss the guys at the PENN in Philly where they waved signs that said funny things like "miscellaneous heathens."

And you can buy their signs!! But watch out: "The following are terms that must be agreed to in order to purchase and/or utilize any of CBR's "Choice" signs, GAP signs or abortion photos:

1. I / We will not alter the signs/photos in anyway.

2. I / We condemn all abortion related violence and will not associate with individuals or groups who fail to condemn such violence."

6 comments:

Dubhe said...

Particularly since most of these are the same people who would do it again if they had half a chance; to Jews, homosexuals, and all variety of non-Christians.

Anonymous said...

Look what happens when we give poeple religious choice, racial choice, and reproductive choice. We should force fundamentalist Christianity and racial segregation on people and get it over with already.

J

Anonymous said...

All those people choosing to be black... what's up with that anyway?

J

lost clown said...

Particularly since most of these are the same people who would do it again if they had half a chance; to Jews, homosexuals, and all variety of non-Christians.

Exactly what I was thinking. Ugh.

lost clown said...

All those people choosing to be black... what's up with that anyway?

I think these people don't understand the meaning of the word choice.

Unknown said...

Ugh that sign is so grim :-(

I had to watch vivid anti-abortion films at school and concluded that if you were going to be anti-abortion, you should be because you actually were anti-abortion, not because it's gory.

Cos if you're anti-abortion because it's gory you are also anti-appendectomies and anti-tonsillectomies and even anti-tooth extractions, if done badly!

I hate the emotional blackmail agenda of these (so often) men. Grrr.

Sitemeter