Tuesday, April 03, 2007

School again

I just started a new quarter and it feels good. I finished my linear algebra homework and my first essay for school in which I recounted how feminism led me into mathematics. (It's due on Thursday, they give you like no time to ease into the quarter. I have a paper due every Tuesday and Thursday for the next few weeks.) The mood stabiliser seems to be working well, and I can only hope it continues to work so well as I continue with my classes.

In other news, I am so happy with the Supreme Court today.
In one of its most important environmental decisions in years, the Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the Environmental Protection Agency has the authority to regulate heat-trapping gases in automobile emissions. The court further ruled that the agency could not sidestep its authority to regulate the greenhouse gases that contribute to global climate change unless it could provide a scientific basis for its refusal.
(Full article here)
Go go SUpreme Court!! Finally a decision forcing the EPA to regulate emissions. I am so happy.

Well, back to the reading. I have my Discrete mathematics homework to do. Oh logic, how I dislike thee.

Also, the Cubs home opener is today. I'm gonna listen over the internets and hoot and holler for the Cubbies!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Hope you get the quarter off to a great start.

lost clown said...

now if i can just get my financial aid sorted out. *grumble*

L said...

Glad you're feeling good about school, honey, and that essay sounds really interesting! xx

barry said...

hey, are you going to post your essay? i'd love to read it....

just found your blog from your comments at Hoyden about Town, am enjoying it... respect for doing the hardcore math, my poor male brain couldn't handle it and i had to retreat to cultural studies.

Sitemeter