Saturday, May 06, 2006

Shoot I'm late Blogging for Radical Fun

Instead of Blogging for Radical Fun I ended up going out and having radical fun involving wonderful possible unicorns.

SO instead I laid out in the sun, saw The Trucks and sang songs like this at the top of my luns:

MISTER TWISTER

what makes you think
we can fuck just because
you put your tongue in my mouth
and you twisted my titties baby?

what makes you think
we can fuck just because
you put your tongue in my mouth
and you twisted my titties baby?

you twist my titties baby!
and it makes me go NO NO NO!

so you think that we'll make out
in that piece of shit car you drive
ugh-ugh-ugh- no way!
you can't even get it up into first,
let alone get it up
into my drive-way.

so you think that we'll make out
in that piece of shit car you drive
ugh-ugh-ugh- no way!
you can't even get it up into first,
let alone get it up
into my drive-way.

you're burning rubber baby-
get out of my way!
you better pull over, let me drive-
you don't do it right!

beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep
NO! OW! OH NO!

you need some lessons in how to get me off
you need some lessons in how to get me off

and

SANDBOX RAP

driving my mack, three am
i revved my engine when i saw him
boy in a dress, in distress
that's the kind of boy that makes me arrest

so i pulled on the jake, and burned some rubber
smelled like fried chicken in the middle of summer
i said, boy what's cooking underneath that hood?
he said, i don't know, but it aint no good

i don't know but it aint no good.
i don't know but it aint no good.

so we say, you are in lucks
we are the ladies of the trucks
and we don't give a fucks
when we trippin all you bucks

because we're off-roadin, unloadin
we come because you're snowed in
off-roadin, unloadin
we come because you're snowed in

i know you're doin your best
going out there to protest
there's something wrong with this
when you resist when we get pissed
don't wanna rock the boat you're in
youre comfortable in your skin
but if you want the war out there to end
you gotta deal with the shit that's in your pen
you were born with it so was i
i'll have it til the day i die
differences you don't have to fight
just to keep your right to be alive
no need to be defensive,
you got the whole world on your side
so do what you please, not listen to me,
and have fun just being a guy
just be a guy.

so we say, you are in lucks
we are the ladies of the trucks
and we don't give a fucks
when we trippin all you bucks

because we're off-roadin, unloadin
we come because you're snowed in
off-roadin, unloadin
we come because you're snowed in


you wanna speed it up, but i'm gonna slow it down
you wanna slow it down, but i'm gonna speed it up.

I LOVE THE TRUCKS!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, thanks for the new music recommendation! I've never heard of The Trucks, but I am totally listening to their MySpace stuff right now!

More bands should write more songs that are so powerful.

I wanna come to a show!! I wish I could have been singing next to you. Glad you had fun!

lost clown said...

I wish you could have been there too. They have a song about date rape that's equally awesome that goes:

"You cannot keep your pretty hands off me, you cannot keep your pretty hands off me, no you cannot keep your pretty hands off me.

No I won't sit nice and be quiet. No I won't sit nice and be quiet. No I won't sit nice and be quiet. NO I WON'T SIT NICE AND BE QUIET!

I thought you were the one, but I was wrong, I was wrong.
I thought you were the one, but I was wrong, I was wrong.

You shattered my image of love, so when I bit it was for blood.

Repeat the first 2 verses."

They're getting big though, they were asked to play Sasquatch festival, which is a pretty big deal, so it's aweseome. Kristin Allen-Zito has her own website and her own awesome songs (folk stuff) that's also really feminist. They rock!

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for all the great info. I am totally going to have to buy their cd when it comes out. I never knew there was a band singing lyrics that are so close to my heart!

lost clown said...

glad you like it, Kristin's album Helium is amazing as well (I do believe she has a myspace site too.) You should check it out. (She used to be my roommate and is amazing.)

Anonymous said...

What? She was your roommate? How cool! No wonder she has good lyrics...it all makes sense now.

Anonymous said...

u guys where can I get their songs from?

Krista said...

I fucking love The Trucks... from their crudeness ("why the fuck won't you go down on me?") to their simple endearing qualities ("my two favorite things in life: big afros and riding bikes")

I wish I could go to a show. that's kickass

Sitemeter