Monday, May 28, 2007

Dumbfounded

So the rumours I've heard are true. There really is a Creation Museum. I just can't believe it, although a poll at ctv.ca shows that 45% of the voters think visiting would be a good educational experience, although I kind of hope they mean educational in a 'what the hell are these people thinking' kind of way. But I fear that is not the case.

This whole project just astoundss me, but there's one detail that really pisses me off. In the "Plan Your Visit" section at the bottom it says this: Strollers and wheelchairs are available on a limited, first-come, first-serve basis. A minimal fee is required. Charging a fee for wheelchairs! Ableist fuckers.

And I used to think Catholics were the crazy ones, but at least they believe in the Big Bang.

5 comments:

manxome said...

Hmmm, choices are "education" or "entertainment". What, no "hogwash"?

This is like Stephen Colbert asking, "George Bush: great president or greatest president?"

It's no less an ad than anything else on the page.

Richie said...

I downloaded their podcast last year. It's... informative. Mmm.

RGM said...

Stockwell Day must be pleased as punch eh?

The Fabulous Kitty Glendower said...

$20 at that.

twip said...

Dear god, whats next? A creationist amusement park? Although I dont think that that'll be a bad idea. It might expose these jokers for the frauds they really are.

(delurking)

Sitemeter